Monday, November 23, 2009

I wanna be a rock star

What a weekend.

A friend and I went to go see a local band this weekend, the Dirty Americans. A talented band and an over all great group of guys, they rocked the house at the Blind Pid in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Following in the footsteps of Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Van Halen, amongst countless others, Dirty Americans have developed a strong and growing local following. A true blue rock-n-roll band, they seem to be helping in bringing back one of musics almost forgotten genres. Jammin originals and a better-than-the-classic cover of Alice Cooper's '18' made for a remarkable show.


The stage presence of these guys is undeniable. Lead singer Myron Kozuch was all over the stage, giving the show his best while passing out free cd's and getting up on the equipment to high five every audience member he could reach. Even using my shoulders to balance at one point in time, but I didn't mind. (wink) As Freedom Piper plays his guitar, you can tell the man loves what he does and rocks his heart out. Jeremiah Pilbeam on drums stands out with his talent and charisma while Patrick Bever on bass ties it all together with his rhythm.

After their set, they came off the stage to hang out and posed happily for pics with my friend and I. Like I said, a great group of guys. Seeing them perform, it's obvious they are on their way to becoming huge. I encourage everyone to go out and support your local bands/singers. You never know, you could have bragging rights saying 'I saw them back when', like I do!

Please feel free to leave me a Rock Star story, I'd love to hear about it.